background

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The holidays

I love the Holidays! We had 4 parties to go to over the weekend. When else does that happen? Yesterday was David's birthday and I will do a "David post" soon. Thanks to Ru and Meg for coming over to install his present! He's in love. We only have 2 days left of school before break. I actually had a student tell me that her mom was going to complain to the principal that kids don't need a Winter Break. It sounds like someone has to find a babysitter. I need to find her and torture some sense into her. It is crazy I always try to get stuff done early so that I won't be so rushed, but somehow, this time of year moves faster than all the others and here it is one week to Christmas and I still have so much to do. If anyone talks to Mom before I do, is it possible for me to work with you to make some beef tamales for Christmas Eve. I sort of invited Risa to come over (she said that she never gets invited anywhere for Christmas Eve. Of course, being Jewish...) and well, she and her fiancee don't eat pork. I think I can handle a "chalupa alternative" but I'm not sure about making tamales on my own. That might be frightful.
Anyway, I actually love the craziness that is involved in Christmas and allowing myself to get wrapped up in doing things for other people. I never do get everything done I want to. The addressed unstamped Christmas cards usually sit on the table until I throw them out in the middle of January. Especially lame, because I often handmade them. But hey, you just have to let some things go. Like me, now...

4 comments:

Merilee said...

save your cards for next year. Then you'll be way ahead! Happy birthday David!

ducklips said...

I can't believe I talked to David yesterday and forgot to tell him happy birthday for the day before. I love that you love all the craziness. It makes me think maybe it's not really that bad. I love Christmas too actually. I think I just put stuff off too far this year.

Darilyn said...

I love merilee's idea about saving your cards for next year. Brilliant. Thanks for sharing some of your reasons for loving the Christmas Season. It helped me reflect on how I'm feeling right now.

Emily said...

HI!