background

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Ah, change...

Last weekend, I put a new faucet on my sink. It was actually kind of fun. When we bought our house, the design center showed us several lovely new faucets for around $500. I thought this was a little high, so we decided that we would take the plain one that came with the house and change it later. Well, faucets,that I wanted anyway, are still about $250 at Lowe's and such. However, a few weeks ago, Tuesday Morning had some faucets on sale for $99. I found this one and David thought that this was a project that could wait, but he's not the one using the sink with water splashing all over the place from that low faucet. So, I decided to undertake this project. Once I was down on the floor under the cabinet, Lauren wanted to come help, which was fine of course. We only needed David's help for one little pin that we couldn't quite push in to lock the sprayer into place. I love it. It was easy and we donated the old faucet to a friend who was in need of one.

3 comments:

Merilee said...

I'm sorry I had to read all the posts at once. I have horrible self control.
I am so impressed! A good deal and a some awesome handy work! Nice. The faucet looks great!

Emily said...

Well, it's a, um, beautiful faucet. I'm sorry. I just can't seem to get excited about faucets.

ducklips said...

You go , Miss Fix'it. I am very impressed.